Sunday, October 11, 2009

An attempted CASE...


I absolutely loved this gift card holder, and of course immediately started my next Stampin' Up! order so that I can have all of the supplies to copy the idea. I think they'd be a wonderful item for our craft fair at church or hung on our Christmas tree with cash or gift cards inside. Anyway, I digress. Here's what I came up with using what I had on hand (gasp). I used the Sizzix Scallop Envelope die instead of the Sizzix Baskets & Blossoms XL Bigz die with these directions for making the envelopes large enough for a gift card to fit inside, then sewed up the sides and used an oval cutting/embossing die to punch out the handle. I used brads to attach the flowers and leaves to the bag, then used Crystal Effects to attach the centers of the flowers and cover up the brads. In case you're interested, the centers came from the Sizzix Daisies #2 Bigz die and the flowers were cut/emboss flower dies.

In case you're wondering, the Baskets & Blossoms die is still on my next order along with the Blossom Party and Leaves #2 dies. We'll see if I can live without them, or if I can't help myself (as usual).

Smiles,
Anne

1 comment:

Connie Collins said...

I love the fact that you used things you have on hand for your bag. They turned out nice! I should try to do that more often...instead, I end up with a shopping list a mile long:D